Responsible for helping recruit, assist in building and managing the Global Compliance Team in the Bulgaria office. The Team Leader will work closely with Compliance Management and provide regular reports of the team’s progress and the status of the Global monitoring plan and progress. The role will require working on initiatives to further develop internal monitoring programs and the ability to work on projects with other team members and departments.
- Familiarity with banking regulations in the European Union, United States, Australia and Hong Kong
- Execute continuous monitoring programs to ascertain the strength of the firm’s internal controls and ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations
- Document the results of the monitoring program and report the findings to management while making recommendations to improve policies and procedures
- Monitor the reviews of financial promotions produced by the firm including but not limited to website updates, email campaigns, print advertisements and follow up with relevant business units to ensure that corrective action is taken when necessary
- Maintain and prepare monthly, quarterly or other reports required by managers and regulators
- Work with AML Compliance staff, other Compliance functions, Business Units/Channels, and other internal groups to proactively identify and implement opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Must have the ability to effectively navigate a global organizational structure to influence and gain consensus from Senior Management across multiple areas of the firm
- Performing root-cause analysis of identified exceptions and developing/documenting plans to remediate
- In charge of communicating and educating the Compliance team of new products/initiatives
- Responsible for supervising and leading the team, providing ongoing evaluation and setting performance measures
- 2-4 years of prior experience in the banking sector preferably as an auditor or in a Compliance department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge of regulations and compliance requirements; working knowledge of regulatory requirements with respect to but not limited to accounting and auditing standards and Anti-Money Laundering regulations
- Self-starter and able to work with other departments and build smooth working relationships
- Team player and able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage people and multiple tasks
- Ability to identify, develop and recommend “best practices”
- Exceptional project management skills
Our client offers a well-paid job in one of the most dynamic sectors, an opportunity to join in a team of true professionals and to develop in an international environment.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 40 hours/week – Monday to Friday; 9am-6pm
Interested? Apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com .
Don’t forget to mention the job title and we’ll get back to you!
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.